Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Dies R Us ... Red, White & Black

Happy Tuesday Everyone!
Today's card was created for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.
I do hope you've taken the opportunity to pop in for your die cutting inspiration.  
My team mates and I try to give you a wide variety of inspiration and hope you find something that fits YOUR style of crafting!

Today I have a fun birthday card to share which utilized the 'negative' portion of a die cut I recently used on another card.  Let me show you what I'm referring to ...

 The dies I have used are as follows:
Spellbinder Nestabilities Class Oval 
(I've used the original OLDER set)...
but you could also use the newer 
Spellbinder Nestabilities 'Floral Oval'  #S4-356 
(not currently available)

It is the 'Loveland Corner' die I'm referring to in regards to using the 'negative' portion.  Earlier in the month I die cut this die in RED and in WHITE and had both those panels laying on the crafting table.  On my earlier creation I decided to use the RED (positive) die cut which left me with the 'negative' panel and both the positive & negative panel of the white.

 By simply matting my red panel onto a black mat 
then 'INLAYING' the white positive die cut,
THIS was the result and I love how it looks!  How about you?

I also utilized the small flowers/stars that popped out of my 
Spellbinder sentiment panel by just gluing them here and there through out the body of the card. And of course, the white hearts that popped out of my corner die were used on the INSIDE for a finishing touch!  (You know how it is ... we crafters don't like to waste anything!  LOL)
No?  Well, you owe it to yourself to pop over there right now and check them out!!

Don't forget about our Challenge Blog!
New challenges posted on the 1st and 15th of each month!
YOU could be our next winner of a Dies R Us Store Voucher!!

Challenges to share in:
Card and Scrap Challenge #100 - Anything Goes
Card Mania Challenge #70 - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage Challenge #44 - Anything Goes
That's it for me today!
Thanks so much for stopping in and I hope you're having a wonderful week!
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.