Friday, February 20, 2015

Birthday Forget-Me-Nots

Happy Friday Friends!
Here we are on the brink of another weekend and another week closer to Spring!
YAY!!!
I'm a bit weary from all the cold and snow this month so I thought I'd create 
with a 'happier', more colorful image in mind.

I chose one of the pretty images from the Crafty Secrets 'Victorian Floral Easter Egg' digital pages for today's card creation.  I 'thought' these flowers were 'Forget-Me-Nots', so before mis-identifying them, I did a Google search and yes in deed they are and aren't they just beautiful! 


 I fussy cut the image from the page using my Fiskars swivel craft knife (love that thing!), distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz distressing tool then adhered it to a white card stock panel and proceeded to fussy cut my mat and distress it as well.
I kept my design pretty simple since I wanted all the focus to be on this pretty image.
If you noticed, on the sheet there are also SMALLER copies of some of the images and here I've used the coordinating image for the inside of my card.  Just adds a special little 'something'!

Sorry to say the Crafty Secrets February Challenge (Linky Party) is over but please be sure to come join us the 1st Monday in March (and 1st Monday of every month) for a new challenge.
REMEMBER ... you can use ANY Crafty Secrets products on your creation ... heck, you don't even have to follow the theme if you don't want to!  AND if you don't have anything from Crafty Secrets to create with, we even supply you each challenge with a FREEBIE that you can use to join in and maybe be our LUCKY WINNER!!!   Please do check it out and come join us!!!

 Challenges I'd like to share in today:
Little Miss Muffet Challenge #104 - Anything Goes
Scrap & Craft Challenge - Birthday
Seize the Birthday Challenge - I chose 'Anything Goes Birthday'

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by!
Those of you in the Brrrr cold states ... please be careful & try to stay warm.
Those of you in the WARM sunny states ... be thankful!  Or, come help me shovel snow!  LOL!
Either way, thanks and as always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Graphic45 'Botanical Tea' 6x6 Solids & Prints dp
Stamps/Ink:  Verses Rubber Stamps / Versafine Onyx
Dies:  Elizabeth Craft 'Happy Birthday', Memory Box 'Meadowbird Branch', Cottage Cutz Petites 'Butterfly w/Flower'
Accessories:  Tim Holtz distresser, E6000 spray adhesive, Fiskars swivel craft knife,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.