Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Falling into Fall . . .

Hello my friends!
It's hard to believe yet another month has drawn to a close!
And Fall has certainly shown itself early this year ... hmmm wonder what that means?  
Early Winter?  Harsh Winter?  Guess I should check the old almanac!

Anyways ... it's time for me to share another inspirational card creation for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog and I have a very EASY yet attractive Fall card for you today.

The dies I have chosen today came from our Dies R Us Store:

Tattered Lace Dies - Lavis Winter Foliage
NOTE:  If by chance any of the dies you are desiring are Out of Stock, simply click on the PUT ME ON THE WAITING LIST tab and you'll be notified by email when it arrives back in stock. 

Today's card actually used a variety of scraps from the pile that is accumulating on my worktable!  
Before die cutting the leaves, I took a piece of scrap white cardstock (same process for the panel behind my sentiment) and sponged around & across it with various Tim Holtz distress fall color inks.  Once die cut, I added a bit more color to the edges of a few of the leaves.
Elizabeth Craft Designs - Dies - Get Well Soon
For my sentiment panel, I die cut the Get Well Soon words from a scrap piece of green cardstock and instead of using the 'positive' side of the words, I decided to use the 'negative' portion and really like the outcome.  

TIP:  Just another way you can use your dies ... TWO FOR ONE ... the positive & the negative sides are generally both very useful!


A few challenges to share in:
Craft Room Challenge - Seasonal Color (Autumn)
Die Cuttin Divas Challenge - Anything Goes
Going Grey with Scrap Creations Challenge - Fall
Make it Monday Challenge - Die Cuts and/or Punches
Crafting When We Can - No Designer Paper

REMINDER:  New challenge at our Dies R Us Challenge Blog goes live tomorrow, October 1st!
Theme: GIFT TAGS 
(Suggestions:  Christmas, Birthdays, Weddings, Halloween Goodie Handouts)
I hope you'll come join in the fun!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... hope your day is going well!
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.